- This is the fourth major investment company in the last week
- Like BlackRock, the organization plans to bring the product to the Nasdaq
- It will be available under ticket BRRR
- Other counterparties, WT and Invesco, chose Cboe
- Prior to this, Valkyrie successfully launched two large ETFs – BTF and VBB
Yesterday, June 21, the investment company Valkyrie Digital Assets filed with the SEC application to register a new exchange product. This is the fourth counterparty to announce plans to bring a spot bitcoin ETF to the US market.
The BlackRock fund started this trend. The organization’s portfolio firm filed an application last week. Following this, WisdomTree and Invesco moved.
As for Valkyrie, the company’s new ETF will be available on the Nasdaq (like BlackRock’s product) under ticket BRRR. Notably, WisdomTree and Invesco chose Cboe.
Interestingly, prior to this, in March, Valkyrie Investments Chief Investment Officer Stephen McClurg refuted company plans to develop a new exchange product. He stated that the issuance of a spot bitcoin ETF is possible only after the next election.
But, as you can see, the example of BlackRock inspired the company. And whether this initiative will end with success will be known in the near future.
Valkyrie is far from being new to the field. In 2021, the company registered the second US Bitcoin futures ETF (BTF). Two months later, under the patronage of the company, another product comes out – VBB.