The market is still buzzing around the Ledger update as well as the new MetaMask user agreement. Against this background, the war between Coinbase and the SEC continues in the United States, and it seems that the crypto exchange is already preparing its retreat routes, for example, to Singapore. However, let’s talk about everything in order:
Theme of the day
The largest stablecoin issuer, Tether, plans to invest up to 15% of its income in bitcoins. Recall that Tether recently reported a profit of $1.5 billion in the first quarter of 2023. It looks like another big whale will come into play, which could boost demand for BTC. However, it is not yet clear how this will affect Tether’s reserves and the risk assessment of the company’s investments.
You can learn more about what is happening on the crypto market on our website.
Kryptana calendar for May 18
- Fed members Barr, Logan and Jefferson are expected to speak today, US home sales data, and a Canadian bank governor.
- Upgrade Hedera testnet up to v0.38. The network will work intermittently for about an hour. Like the previous one, this update is planned.
- The CYBER token will available for public sale on CoinList. Recall that earlier we covered the project, and also published a guide on how you can get “coins”.
- 10th Kyiv Ethereum Community Meetup!
Results of yesterday
- Axie Infinity is now available on the App Store.
- Banks in Hong Kong are ignoring applications from crypto companies.
- France is ready to accept all cryptocurrency “refugees” from the USA.
- Ubisoft is preparing exclusive NFTs for Assassin’s Creed.
- Tether will invest up to 15% of its profits in BTC.
- Binance will hold online event “Women in the crypto world”.
- The SEC will file a lawsuit against Coinbase in the near future.
- Coinbase has expanded its portfolio of crypto products in Singapore.
- Binance controls the WRX token.
- “Cryptocurrency should be regulated in the same way as gambling” – politicians in the UK.
More events from the world of crypto in our TG channel. And if you’re looking for the fastest wild west news, then you here.
- General state of the market:
- Fear & Greed Index of Bitcoin:
- Total market capitalization:
- DeFi TVL:
Looking for a game changer
New projects on the horizon:
Disclaimer: The list below is compiled based on announcements and taking into account the lifespan of startups. Incrypted has no interest in these projects and does not test them for security or effectiveness. NFA and DYOR and may the Alpha be with you!
- Asymmetry Finance – promise a liquid staking token for Ethereum with the highest yield.
- Interactive Protocol — plan to unlock the full potential of BRC-20 tokens using ZKP technology. Whatever that means.
- pacman — the first decentralized leveraged yield and liquidity aggregation protocol on Arbitrum.
- Hourglass – infrastructure for time-bound tokens. Whatever that means.
- Orbiter Finance X zkSync Era Galxe Campaign.
- Symbiosis x zkSync Quests on Galxe.
- Mirror Activities.
Track fresh freemints, testnets and raffles in the Airdrops section!
- Hunting for drops: Lineya, zkSync Era, SUI, LayerZero and many others. Do it now so you don’t repeat FOMO Arbitrum and Sui later.
- Economic uncertainty and regulatory pressure in the US continues to worsen the climate for the crypto industry. The SEC continues its war with Coinbase and Ripple.
- Memcoin season seems to be coming to an end. The hype around the BRC-20 will probably subside soon as well. True, cryptans are trying to launch an analogue of these tokens on Doge with the DRC-20 standard.
Read in the evening
- The Ultimate Guide to Nodes: Theory and Practice of Nodrunning.
More crypto memes in our Instagram. Come in if your eyes hurt from the charts.