- Flipside experts have published a report on the cryptosphere for 2023.
- According to it, the eight main chains attracted a total of 62 million new users.
- Among the leaders are Ethereum, Polygon and Bitcoin.
- Experts also shared forecasts for 2024.
In 2023, the eight major blockchains attracted a total of 62.06 million new users, as follows report Flipside experts. The top 3 for this indicator include Ethereum, Polygon and Bitcoin.
The peak of attracted users is in May 2023 – 5.8 million. Flipside experts also noted an increase in the indicator in March of the same year, when Silicon Valley Bank collapsed.
During the summer months the number of users began to decline, but increased sharply towards the end of the year:
“The cryptocurrency industry has experienced extreme fluctuations in recent months. User activity and sentiment changed dramatically throughout the year. However, the last few months ended on a “high note.” New user growth and activity increased across all major chains,” the report said.
As you can see, at the beginning of the year the Polygon ecosystem saw growth in its audience. In the second half, this trend began to decline, and Ethereum took the lead:
As a result, Ethereum took first place, Polygon took second. The top 5 also included Bitcoin, Solana and Arbitrum:
As you can see, the list includes a second-level network from the Coinbase exchange – Base. Flipside experts noted that it started well in the summer of 2023, but in the fall user activity decreased.
Expert forecasts for 2024
This section of the report can be described by the following theses:
- the NFT market will continue to decline;
- DeFi, on the contrary, will enter a phase of rapid growth. The prevailing sectors are DEX and pharming;
- growth in the number of dApps;
- the level of interaction with different chains will increase, but the majority will still continue to work with only one blockchain;
- rapid growth of L2 solutions;
- the emergence of new, highly specialized chains.
Previously, we covered the crypto market report for 2023 from Bitfinex experts. They predicted an increase in the number of users to 850 million in 2024.