- Leaders of crypto companies spoke there
- They announced to the authorities the important tasks and problems of the industry
June 13 House Committee on Financial Services spent session on “The Future of Digital Assets: Providing Clarity for the Digital Asset”. They listened to key figures in the blockchain industry.
So, at the event were:
- Jeremy Aller – co-founder, chairman and CEO of Circle;
- Coy Garrison, partner at Steptoe & Johnson LLP and former adviser to Commissioner Hester M. Pierce;
- Gun Sirer – Founder and CEO of Ava Labs
- Thomas Sexton – President and CEO of the National Futures Association;
- Aaron Kaplan is the founder and co-CEO of Prometheum.
Various topics were discussed at the hearings. So, the head of Circle, Jeremy Aller, supported the bill on the regulation of stablecoins. He stressed that now it is important to maintain the dominance of the dollar. Stablecoins, which provide dollar transactions online, will help with this.
The head of Ava Labs, Gun Sirer, spoke about the value of blockchain technology. He compared it to the revolution after the advent of the Internet. Sirer also warned that hostile crypto policies would cause the US to lose technological leadership over competing countries.
All speakers unanimously declared the importance of sound regulation. The committee discussed the latest lawsuits against Binance and Coinbase. They believe that the lack of clear laws led to these events.