- Mining Development Kit will introduce new options for affordable mining
- These kits consist of 4 components.
Block company published details of his new Mining Development Kit (MDK) project. It will provide developers with access to new projects for mass and more affordable mining.
For example, MDK can be used to integrate mining equipment into heating systems, to create home farms, as well as to optimize existing installations.
The MDK project is in its early stages and is gathering feedback from the community. Block shares only the first ideas. According to the plans, the kit will consist of 4 components:
- Powerful industrial hash panel for bitcoin mining.
- A custom controller board designed to work with a hashboard.
- Open source firmware, software API and web interface. Here, developers will be able to change the performance parameters of the hashboard.
- Reference materials and supporting documentation for setting up a hashboard.
“The goal of MDK is to give developers the tools to unlock creativity and innovation in bitcoin mining hardware.” the blog says.
The company is confident that the massive popularization and availability of mining will only benefit the industry.
At the end, Block provides an e-mail to which developers can send their wishes. The company promises to give more information about its new project in the future.