- Blockworks media portal was able to attract the most investments
- Three projects have not announced the amount of investment
- The most active funds this week were: Polygon Fund, Animoca Brands and Alchemy
- Each of them took part in three rounds of funding
A weekly selection of projects that were able to attract investments from funds. Last week there were 19 of them, read about each startup below:
– Game development studio Aether Games, announced the closing of a $4.5 million seed funding round. The funds were received in the form of tokens and equity funding from well-known investors such as Mystenlabs, Polygon, Magic Eden, Polkastarter, Cogitent, Ultra, GSR, EMURGO, Master Ventures and Eclipse. The new capital is being used to support the development of the project to create the world of Aether, which includes Cards of Ethernity, Gates of Ethernity, augmented reality and artificial intelligence technology.
– The Webb Protocol Company, which is engaged completed a $7 million seed funding round led by Polychain Capital and Lemniscap, with contributions from CMS Holdings, Zee Prime Capital, Commonwealth. This funding will accelerate the development of innovative privacy tools and protocols such as zero-knowledge solutions and multi-party computing (MPC).
– Cryptocurrency DeFi startup Siphon Lab attracted $1.2 million investment. The seed funding round was led by Kima Ventures, other investors were: Waveline Capital, BT Growth Capital, Uno Ventures, Quidnet Ventures, Mava Ventures. The funds raised, as well as the experience and resources of investors, will help develop and scale the business to provide financial technology solutions to attract more users to the SUI Network. The company strives to create one of the best solutions on the market.
– NFT sneaker trading platform, Meta closed $1 million pre-seed funding. PineWood Capital was the sole investor. The new capital is used to stabilize the service, plan to strengthen the technical aspect, and continue to expand services. The company expects this to lay the foundation for leading innovation in asset investment.
– Leading provider of cyber threat intelligence solutions, Cloudburst Technologies, announced about attraction of $3 million of investments within the framework of a seed round of financing. The investment was led by Strategic Cyber Ventures (SCV), with contributions from funds such as Coinbase Ventures and Bloccelerate. The raised funds are planned to be used to improve the ecosystem.
– Web-3 company Artifact Labs, which is working on storing records of historical events in the blockchain, closed $3.25 million funding round. Investors included Blue Pool Capital and Animoca Ventures. The funds are planned to be used to expand the company’s activities, with an emphasis on increasing developers. The firm wants to create a new space for historic brands and artifacts.
– Antimetal, AWS Cloud Cost Optimization Platform that uses AI, attracted $4.3M seed funding round led by Framework Ventures. Other investors are: IDEO CoLab Ventures, Polygon Fund, Alchemy, Chapter One, Builder Capital. The funds are used to continue building the solution the company has been working on since launching last year.
– Web-3 Distributed Infrastructure Platform, Triple Lab, received funding from StepVC and CBI Holding. The amount of investment was not disclosed. The company aims to provide a one-stop development platform for enterprises and developers to easily create and deploy their own decentralized applications (Dapps) on the blockchain. The funding aims to reduce barriers for developers to enter Web3, and to develop a universal development platform.
– Pudgy Penguins completed a $9 million funding round led by 1kx, an investment company. Big Brain Holdings, Kronos Research, Old Fashion Research, CRIT Ventures also took part in the seed round. The company said it is using the funds to expand its intellectual property, team, and improve offerings for its community.
– Swiss company Nomiks providing consulting services attracted $1.09 million Investors: Outlier Ventures and Cygny Capital. The capital raised will be used to invest in research and development, drive product development and establish new partnerships.
– Cryptocurrency media portal Blockworks reported on the completion of the round for $12 million. The headliner was the private investment company 10T Holdings of a certain Dan Tapiero. As a result, the company’s market value reached $135 million. The funds received by the company will be used to expand the products of the Blockworks Research analytical platform. In addition to 10T Holdings, Framework Ventures and private investor Santiago Santos also participated in the round.
– Blocktorch End-to-End Surveillance Platform attracted $4.2 million seed investment. It was attended by: IDEO CoLab Ventures, Rockaway, Alchemy, Speedinvest, Entrepreneur First, Remote First Capital and 7 other private investors. The funds will be used to expand Blocktorch’s engineering and commercial teams, as well as to launch the official version 1 of the product based on information and feedback from users during beta testing.
– Smiley Company announced on the closing of a $2 million seed funding round. The round was led by Dialectic, with the participation of Synergis Capital , Concave Ventures , Owl Ventures , Yunt Capital , Dewhales Capital , Outlier Ventures , New Order, Multisig Ventures , GTS Ventures and Strategic Angels and several private investors.
– Tabi, NFT market, completed a round of angel funding in the amount of $10 million. Such well-known companies as Animoca Brands, Binance Labs, Draper Dragon, Hashkey Capital, Infinity Crypto Ventures and Youbi Capital invested in the startup. The funds will primarily be used to develop the Tabi gaming ecosystem and build its future online identity protocol. The project also plans to launch an “NFT incubation fund” that will incentivize developers to create their products, art, and brand on the BNB network.
– Polynomium, which automates derivatives strategies to create products, reported about raising funds. The amount of investment was not disclosed. It is known that participation in the seed round of financing was taken by: Archetype Ventures, Caballeros Capital, Road Capital, Kain Warwick, Eden Au, Pranav Maheshwari, Scott Sunarto.
– Layer-1 blockchain Odsy Network announced the closing of a $7.5 million funding round, as a result of which the startup’s valuation increased to $250 million. The new capital is planned to be used to finance the development of decentralized crypto wallets. Blockchange Ventures became the main investor, Rubik Ventures, Node Capital and FalconX also took part in the round.
– Meso fintech platform designed to bridge the gap between traditional banking systems and cryptocurrency applications, received funding, the amount of which was not disclosed. The funding round was attended by: Ribbit Capital, Solana Ventures, 6th Man Ventures, Anand Iyer, Bill Ready, Archie Puri, Chris Kalani.
– Open source smart contract marketplace Cookbook, PRbrought $2 million investment. The startup was invested by: Alchemy, Superscrypt, MaC Venture Capital, Tagus Capital. The company will spend the money to train Web3 developers and provide them with tools to optimize their work. The capital will also support Cookbook’s mission of streamlining developer work to create Web3 and lowering development costs for hundreds of companies.
– Crowdfunding platform focused on Web3 culture, Artizen Fund, attracts $2.2 million investment. Leading Web3 foundations including Consensys Mesh, Animoca Brands and Protocol Labs, as well as private investors participated in the fundraiser. Funds will be used to create cultural NFT artifacts.
Top 20 funds by number of investments from May 8 to May 13:
Number of private funding rounds for categories:
During the week, 19 rounds were held. In which category did you invest the most?
Blockchain infrastructure – 2;
Blockchain service – 5;
DeFi – 4;
NFT – 3;
Social – 4;
Last week, 14 projects attracted $68.70 million in investments. You can read more about them in our material.